How to use?
- Hold paw firmly while trimming.
Cut through the nail with a single stroke.
- Make sure to avoid cutting the nail blood vessel (the quick). For animals with darker nails, the quick is more visible from the underside of the nail.
- Applying baby oil to nails prior to cutting will make it easier to see the quick.
- If the nails are long, cut off a small amount first.
- Repeat the process 10 days later, and so on, until the nails are the correct length.
- Do not cut off too much at one time. Trim monthly thereafter.
To reduce how often you need to trim nails exercise dogs regularly on hard surfaces, e.g. concrete or road.