Version date: December 2019
1.1 Masterpet Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 80 000 333 353) and its subsidiaries and Masterpet Corporation Limited (“Masterpet”, “we”, “our” and “us”) are committed to responsible privacy practices and to complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including the Australian Privacy Principles (“Privacy Principles”) and Notifiable Data Breaches scheme contained in the Privacy Act and the Privacy Act 1993 New Zealand (the “Privacy Acts”).
1.2 Where applicable, Masterpet will handle personal information relying on the related bodies corporate exemption and the employee records exemption in the Privacy Acts and any other applicable exemptions in the Privacy Acts or other legislation.
1.4 Where it is practical for us to allow you to do so, you may deal with us anonymously (for example when enquiring generally about our products and services).
2. What is personal information?
3. What types of personal information does Masterpet collect?
3.1 The types of personal information Masterpet collects from you depend on the circumstances in which the information is collected.
3.2 Masterpet may collect contact details including your name, occupation, address, email address, phone and fax numbers and your date of birth. We may collect answers you provide to questions we ask and other information in relation to your dealings with Masterpet . If you purchase products or services from us, we may also collect certain transactional information and financial details to process the transaction.
3.3 If you are an individual contractor to Masterpet, in addition to the information referred to in section 3.2 we may also collect information relevant to your engagement with Masterpet including qualifications, resume, reference information from your nominated referees, tax file number, bank details, feedback from supervisors and training records.
3.4 When you use our websites, we may collect website usage information such as the IP address you are using, the name of your Internet service provider, your browser version, the web site that referred you to us and the next website you go to, the pages you request, the date and time of those requests and the country you are in.
3.5 In addition to the types of personal information identified above, Masterpet may collect personal information as otherwise permitted or required by law.
4. How do we collect your personal information?
4.1 Masterpet collects personal information in a number of ways. The most common ways we collect your personal information are:
• directly from you when you provide it to us or our agents or contractors;
• via our website or when you deal with us online (including through our social media pages);
• if you are an individual contractor to Masterpet , from your employer or recruitment agency;
• from publicly available sources;
• from credit reporting agencies;
• from our related companies; and
• from third parties or from referees if you apply for a position as an employee or contractor with us).
5. For what purposes do we collect, use and disclose your personal information?
5.1 The purposes for which we use and disclose your personal information will depend on the circumstances in which we collect it. Whenever practical we endeavour to inform you why we are collecting your personal information, how we intend to use that information and to whom we intend to disclose it at the time we collect your personal information.
5.2 We may use or disclose your personal information:
• for the purposes for which we collected it (and certain secondary purposes where permitted by law);
• for other purposes to which you have consented; and
• as otherwise authorised or required by law.
5.3 In general we collect, use and disclose your personal information so that we can do business together and for purposes connected with our business operations.
5.4 Some of the specific purposes for which we collect, use and disclose personal information are:
• to respond to you if you have requested information (including via our websites or via an email or other correspondence you send to us);
• to provide goods or services to you, or to receive goods or services from you;
• to administer and manage services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
• to enable you to participate in any loyalty programs that we conduct;
• to improve our products and services and keep you up to date on such improvements;
• to understand our customer base and help tailor our products and services;
• to allow performance reporting and benchmarking of your business, if applicable;
• to contact you (directly or through our service providers) to obtain your feedback, to find out your level of satisfaction with our products and services and for other market research activities;
• to verify your identity;
• to address any issues or complaints that we or you have regarding our relationship; and
• to contact you regarding the above, including via electronic messaging such as SMS and email, by mail, by phone, by fax or in any other lawful manner.
5.5 We may also use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing to you where:
• you have consented to us doing so; or
• it is otherwise permitted by law.
6. What happens if you don't provide personal information?
6.1 Generally, you have no obligation to provide any personal information requested by us. However, if you choose to withhold requested personal information, we may not be able to provide you with products and services that depend on the collection of that information.
7. To whom do we disclose personal information?
7.2 This may include disclosing your personal information to the following types of third parties:
• our related companies;
• as required or authorised by law;
• our contractors and other third parties that provide goods and services to us (including to suppliers, marketing agencies, data analysis specialists, data processing organisations, billing and debt recovery providers, website and data hosting providers, social media companies, loyalty program administrators and other IT suppliers);
• our accountants, insurers, lawyers, auditors and other professional advisers;
• government and regulatory authorities, courts, tribunals and other bodies as required or authorised by law;
• in an emergency, to medical and health service providers;
• any third parties to whom you have directed or permitted us to disclose your personal information (e.g. referees);
• in the event that we or our assets may be acquired or considered for acquisition by a third party, that third party and its advisors;
• carefully selected third parties with whom we have data sharing arrangements;
• third parties that require the information for law enforcement or to prevent a serious threat to public safety; and
• otherwise as permitted or required by law.
7.3 Where we disclose your personal information to third parties we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such third parties only use your personal information as reasonably required for the purpose we disclosed it to them and in a manner consistent with the Privacy Principles under the Privacy Acts e.g. by (where commercially practical) including suitable privacy and confidentiality clauses in our agreement with a third party service provider to which we disclose your personal information.
7.4 If you post information to public parts of our websites or to our social media pages, you acknowledge that such information (including your personal information) may be available to be viewed by the public. You should use discretion in deciding what information you upload to such sites.
8. Disclosure of information outside the State/Territory of collection
8.1 Some of the third parties to whom we disclose personal information may be located outside the state or territory in which the information was collected or outside Australia or New Zealand (as applicable). The state/territories and countries in which such third parties are located will depend on the circumstances. For example, we may disclose personal information to our related companies overseas and to our overseas service providers.
8.2 In the ordinary course of business we commonly disclose personal information to third parties (for example, offshore data centres located in New Zealand, the USA, South Korea and Canada).
8.3 Except in some cases where we may rely on an exception under the Privacy Act or other law, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such overseas recipients do not breach the Privacy Principles in relation to such information.
9. How do we protect personal information?
9.1 Masterpet will take reasonable steps to keep any personal information we hold about you secure. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security.
10. Accuracy of the personal information we hold
10.1 We try to maintain your personal information as accurately as reasonably possible. We rely on the accuracy of personal information as provided to us both directly (from you) and indirectly.
11. Links, cookies and use of Masterpet websites and applications
11.2 Masterpet uses “cookies” and similar technology on its websites and in other technology applications. The use of such technologies is an industry standard, and helps us monitor the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our websites/applications. We use such technologies to generate statistics, measure your activity, improve the usefulness of our websites/applications and to enhance the “customer” experience.
12. How can you access and correct personal information we hold about you?
13. Queries, comments and complaints about our handling of personal information
13.2 When contacting us please provide as much detail as possible in relation to your question, comment or complaint.
13.3 Masterpet will take any privacy complaint seriously and any complaint will be assessed by an appropriate person with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with any relevant information that we may need.
13.4 If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our assessment of your complaint, you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (click here for information), the Office of the Privacy Commissioner (NZ) or other relevant regulators..
14. How can you contact us?
14.1 Please address all privacy complaints and requests to update or access information to:
Attention: Privacy Officer
Masterpet Australia Pty Ltd
Suit 3, Shed 73, 4E Huntley Street
Alexandria, NSW 2015
PO Box 887 Narellan NSW 2567
To unsubscribe from our direct marketing, you can visit the “contact us” page on our website or contact us on Free phone 1300 651 111 and set out the contact details that you no longer want used for direct marketing.